1. Basic concept
The Public Works Research Institute (PWRI) collects basic information on anyone visiting the website (The web pages which contain "pwri.go.jp" in the URL and which consist of directory below “ http://www.pwri.go.jp/ ” hereinafter referred to as "this website") to the extent necessary for smooth operation of services (provision of information and acceptance of opinions and impressions, etc.) on this website of PWRI. The information collected is only used within the scope necessary for the prescribed purposes.
2. Scope of information to be collected
- This website automatically collects information pertaining to visits to this website, such as originating IP addresses, date and time accessed and a name of web browser used, and so on with the form of an access log.
- On other personal information When you give opinions, make various inquiries to PWRI, use software and other services via this website there will be some case where you are requested to fill in your name, address and e-mail address, etc.
3. Purposes of using collected information
- Information collected through proceedings under 2.shall be used as reference data to implement delivery of services through this website.In addition "opinions and proposals" including proposal attributes pertaining to the information shall be used as reference data to develop future policy plans. We will use your "e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers, etc." to respond to or clarify the content of your inquiry. To this end, the information may be sent to PWRI's internal division in charge of relevant proposals.Please be aware that, according to content, the information concerned may be transferred to the relevant office and ministries. The other information collected is only used within the scope necessary for smooth operation of the prescribed purposes.
4. Restrictions on use and provision of the information
PWRI shall not, except in cases where a request has been made to disclose collected information by law and where there are special reasons, including cases where unlawful acts, such as illegal access, threats, etc. have occurred, use the said information for other purposes under 3 nor provide a third party with the said information.
However, with regard to information on access to this website, proposals and opinions sent to PWRI, and proposal attributes pertaining to the information, statistically processed data on the information or opinions, etc. may be released or posted on this website.
5. Security measures
PWRI shall take the necessary measures to properly administer collected information, such as prevention of leakage, mutilation and alteration of the information.
In addition, although PWRI may be entrusted to the external company concerned in order to analyze the situation on access to this website and the obtained opinions, etc., we also order the company to take the necessary measures to properly administer collected information at that time.
6. Applicable scope of this policy
For further information, please contact:
(Chief Staff in charge of Public Relations) General Affairs Division General Affairs Department, PWRI
Address: 1-6, Minamihara, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki-ken 305-8516, Japan
According to content of the call, it may be transferred to other division in charge of relevant affairs.